Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration Concepts
- Define continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment
- Difference between CI and CD
- Stages of CI and CD
- Continuous delivery versus continuous deployment
- What are jobs in Jenkins?
- Types of jobs
- Scope of jobs
- What are builds in Jenkins?
- What are build steps, triggers, artifacts, and repositories?
- Build tools configuration
- Source Code Management
- What are source code management systems and how are they used
- Jenkins changelogs
- Checking in code
- Branch and Merge Strategies
- Benefits of testing with Jenkins
- Define unit test, smoke test, acceptance test, automated verification/functional tests
- Types of notifications in Jenkins
- Importance of notifications
- Distributed Builds
- What are distributed builds
- Functions of masters and slaves
- What are plugins?
- What is the plugin manager?
- Jenkins Rest API
- Interaction and use
- Authentication versus authorization
- Matrix security
- Definition of auditing, credentials, and other key security concepts
- What are fingerprints?
- How do fingerprints work?
- How to use artifacts in Jenkins
- Storing artifacts
- Running Builds in Containers
- Runninng Slaves on Kubernetes Clusters
- End to End CI/CD Pipeline